Friday, May 6, 2016

#KitchenGoals

So, we did something crazy and bought a fixer upper, for our first home!

After browsing the real estate market for close to a year, Zillow had become apart of my morning routine. Nothing was catching our eye or showing us what we had envisioned for our family. Thank god for our realtor, who is also one of our best friends, Andy Nardone at Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices. He not only answered every question for us, rookies, but never stopped looking either.

Fixer uppers were an idea we both loved, but the idea was also taunting. So, we agreed on medium renos for our first home- save the dream of a fixer upper for the second. Well, just days after looking at another round of homes...I get a call from Justin, "come over and look at this house." What do I see when I arrive, a fixer upper. (Wait I thought we weren't doing that.) At first, I wanted to get back in my car. The outside was a mess, it looked like a barn...not in a cool way, and the color of the house was awful or should I say the colors (three) of the house were awful, I wanted to run. I quickly pulled it together and thought what would Chip and Joanna Gaines do...just kidding...or am I? haha 

So, we went inside, took a look around, and to my surprise, I started dreaming as soon as I walked in...I could see it. Every room could be a great space, the character was endearing and the potential was there, all in this fixer upper. Finally, the space we were looking for, for our family in a home and it was in our desired location. After a brief discussion with our oh so patient realtor, Andy, Justin and I looked at each other and said, "if you are in, I'm in," and just like that 4/29/16, we became home owners!!


 We wasted no time...we dove right in, the next day! 



To start take a look at our kitchen! 


This is how we found it, trust me a quality photo doesn't mean a quality kitchen...what once was a quality kitchen is no more. The smell alone would have made any normal family say no way! haha 


This is where we are now...

  

 

This is where we are going...
 More photos and details on these fabulous looks can be found here >>> 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

THE BOWER - Hare & Klein:


August Photos 299

<a href="http://www.architecturaldigest.com/story/victoria-hagan-nantucket-family-summer-home-article">Victoria Hagan’s Nantucket home</a>

 

 


More photos and details on these fabulous looks can be found here >>> 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

This is personally my favorite reno happening in our home, so keep an eye out for more on our kitchen, which will eventually open up into our living room. We are knocking down walls to make a complete open floor plan, raising ceilings and building islands! Stay tuned this could get interesting!

We got work to do...All Summer '16

xx,

Melody


No comments:

Post a Comment